As we expand in the Edmonton and Alberta market, new career opportunities become available. While we may not contact you right away, please take the time to send us your resume for future consideration. We offer competitive wages along with sales commission and a comprehensive benefits package after 6 months of employment. We encourage creativity, ingenuity and new ideas in both marketing and product design. Spirit Wood Designs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer however, preference will be given to individuals with Canadian citizenship, First Nation, Metis, Inuit, and Veterans. We review all applications however, only successful candidates will be contacted. Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
Certificate/proof of completion of the FREE online course "Indigenous Canada" is a DEFINITE asset. A link is available here: https://www.classcentral.com/course/indigenous-canada-8102
Now Accepting Resumes For Outside Sales Representative!
Spirit Wood Designs Inc. is a family owned and operated custom live edge wood furnishings manufacturing company based in Edmonton, Alberta. Our product is unique, made from 100% Canadian wood, and promotes minimal carbon footprint and natural plant based finishes compared to other furniture manufacturers. Our market focus is moving toward B2B in the greater Edmonton area as well as other regions throughout Alberta, pursuing the construction, interior design, institution, and hospitality sectors. As a relatively new element in design, live edge wood furnishings provides a unique opportunity for growth and success to our sales candidates. This is a remote position with flexible hours to accommodate a diverse client base.
- Develop strategies to prospect and establish new clientele such as designers, builders, architects and related personnel in the institution and hospitality sectors, maintain relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Communicate with office and operations management, providing details of work orders, payments, inquiries. As a remote position, communication will occur through email, virtual meetings, in person and by phone.
- Use your entrepreneurial, energetic, and personable spirit to reach monthly and annual sales goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business and/or marketing.
- 3+ years in outside sales.
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license
- Reliable transportation.
- Computer skills with familiarity in Microsoft word and excel, email, internet.
We are actively accepting resumes and conducting interviews for this position. Please Email your resume with personal and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who are short-listed will be contacted.
In spring 2021 the following positions will become available:
Part Time Sales Associate
We are looking for a results-driven retail Sales Associate to be responsible for all sales job duties, from generating leads to closing sales. Sales Associate duties and responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. You are also able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful as a Sales associate, you stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales associate, Sales representative or similar role
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Basic Math skills
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- High school diploma, Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Marketing or related field would be a plus
1 Full Time and 1 Part Time Woodworker
We are looking to hire qualified people to manufacture custom live edge furniture and decor products. The ideal candidates will have a minimum of three years industry experience and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. They will offer an exceptional skill set with a comprehensive understanding of wood types, woodworking tools (table saw, routers, miter saw, planer, sanders, misc. handtools,etc.), attention to detail and quality workmanship.
- Understand detailed architectural drawings, schematics, shop drawings, and blueprints
- Prepare and set up machines and tooling for woodwork manufacturing
- Lift wood pieces onto machines, either by hand or with hoists
- Operate woodworking machines, including saws and milling and sanding machines
- Listen for unusual sounds or detect excessive vibration in machinery
- Ensure that products meet industry standards and project specifications, making adjustments as necessary
- Select and adjust the proper cutting, milling, boring, and sanding tools for completing a job
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to move or lift goods of 50 pounds or more
- Work overtime when required to assist in meeting the production deadlines independently and in a team
- Keep a clean and safe work environment, working in accordance with our company Health and Safety policy at all times
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in English
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience considered an asset, training will be provided